Residential Child Care Licensing
Residential Licensing Office
- Licenses Residential Child Care Facilities (RCCF) and Residential Psychiatric Treatment Facilities according to state statutes and regulations.
- Provides orientation on state regulations, licensing, and fees.
- Conducts annual inspection of all applicable licensed facilities.
- Investigates complaints alleging violations of state statutes and regulations.
- Maintains a current list of licensed facilities around Alaska
- Monitors facilities and works in partnership with partner agencies and providers.
Residential Child Care Facilities
A Residential Child Care Facility (RCCF) is defined as a place, staffed by employees where one or more children who are apart from their parents receive 24-hour care on a continuing basis. There are seven specializations in RCCF residential licensing.
Residential Psychiatric Treatment Centers
A Residential Psychiatric Treatment Center (RPTC) is defined as a secure or semi-secure facility, or an inpatient program in another facility, that provides, under the direction of a physician, psychiatric diagnostic, evaluation, and treatment services on a 24-hour-a-day basis to children with severe emotional or behavioral disorders.
Current Statutes and Regulations
The following statutes and regulations apply to licensed Residential Child Care Facilities and Residential Psychiatric Treatment Centers in the State of Alaska.
Current Licensed Facilities
There are several steps to becoming obtaining RCCF/RPTC license in the State of Alaska. If you are interested in obtaining a license you will want to download the New Home Application packet and submit it to Residential Licensing. Your application will be reviewed by a Supervisor and assigned to a Specialist, who will work closely with you on ensuring your application meets all the licensing requirements. After that a Specialist will conduct an onsite inspection of your facility before final review and approval.
For Questions about obtaining a license contact our office at 907-334-2400.
For information regarding background checks, click
Ana Karina Thompson
Community Care Licensing Specialist 3
4601 Business Park Boulevard, Building K
Anchorage, AK 99503