Residential Child Care Licensing

Residential Licensing Office

  • Licenses Residential Child Care Facilities (RCCF) and Residential Psychiatric Treatment Facilities according to state statutes and regulations.
  • Provides orientation on state regulations, licensing, and fees.
  • Conducts annual inspection of all applicable licensed facilities.
  • Investigates complaints alleging violations of state statutes and regulations.
  • Maintains a current list of licensed facilities around Alaska
  • Monitors facilities and works in partnership with partner agencies and providers.

ATTENTION: Address Change

Effective immediately, our new mailing address is: 4601 Business Park Blvd. Building K Anchorage, AK 99503. If you are dropping off fingerprints, applications, variances or fees please go to Building K.


Residential Child Care Facilities

A Residential Child Care Facilities (RCCF) is defined as a place, staffed by employees where one or more children who are apart from their parents receive 24-hour care on a continuing basis. There are seven specializations in RCCF residential licensing: Please reference AS 47.32, AS 47.05, 7AAC50 and 7AAC10 for details or call the Residential Licensing office.


Current Licensed Facilities

Community Resources


Becoming Licensed

There are several steps to becoming obtaining RCCF/RPTC license in the State of Alaska. If you are interested in obtaining a license you will want to download the New Home Application packet and submit it to Residential Licensing. Your application will be reviewed by a Supervisor and assigned to a Specialist, who will work closely with you on ensuring your application meets all the licensing requirements. After that a Specialist will conduct an onsite inspection of your facility before final review and approval.

For Questions about obtaining a license contact our office at 907-334-2400.

Other Resources

For information regarding background checks, click here.


Statutes and Regulations

Robert Nave
Community Care Licensing Specialist 3
4601 Business Park Blvd, Building K
Anchorage, AK 99503
Phone: 907-727-7354
Fax: 907-269-3622