Services may differ depending on public health center capacity. Call your local public health center for more information or to make an appointment.
Language translation and interpretation services are always available to our clients.
Fees may be assessed for public health nursing services. We have a sliding scale based on family size and income. No one is turned away for inability to pay.
- Well Child Services: Routine childhood immunizations; hearing, vision, and developmental screening
- Infectious Disease Prevention: TB screening and treatment, infectious disease follow-up, resource counseling, adult immunizations
- STI/HIV Testing and Treatment: Testing, treatment, partner notification services and expedited partner therapy
- Reproductive Health: Women’s health exams and family planning including pregnancy testing and emergency contraception. Other reproductive health services may be available via referral.
Each clinic visit, we also offer individual screenings and referrals for domestic/interpersonal violence, healthy lifestyle, and alcohol use risk.
- Community Health Assessment and Improvement: Working with local communities to identify and address community health needs, including root cause issues.
- Emergency Preparedness: Participating in Local Emergency Preparedness Committees (LEPCs) to organize and plan for community emergencies.
- Infectious Disease Investigation: Generally started by a positive lab test result for a reportable condition that can be passed on to others.
- Health Education: Providing education on health topics important to the community including in schools and with local organizations and community groups.
- Substance Misuse: Distributing naloxone kits and providing training, education, and resource counseling.
Page updated November 1, 2022