Money to grow your business!
Looking to grow your business? Job Start helps small employers
expand their business by funding new jobs. When an employer creates
a new job and agrees to hire a Temporary Assistance client, DPA
pays the employer the amount of the client’s TA cash benefit.
The employer selects the best-qualified worker from pre-screened,
work-ready TA clients and uses Job Start to supplement their wages.
Employers get a steady source of cash to expand their business
– clients get a paycheck instead of a welfare check!
Incentives for Employers
- Employers receive a cash payment each month to offset the costs
of creating a new job.
- Payments to employers can exceed $900 per month.
- Job Start payments last 3-6 months – enough time for
the new hire to become a productive employee.
- Job Start is targeted to small businesses and not-for-profit
- Businesses can have up to five Job Start positions at one time
– up to 10% of its workforce.
- DPA can purchase the special tools, uniforms or safety items
the worker needs for the job.
- Employers select the new employee from the pre-screened TA
- DPA can provide the extra help, like childcare and transportation,
to ensure your employee succeeds.
Call your local DPA Work Services provider or email WSTA@alaska.gov for more information.