Treatment & Recovery

Are you looking for information on how to access treatment services in Alaska?

Are you a behavioral health provider and would like to find out how to become approved to bill Medicaid?

Are you a behavioral health provider and would like to learn more about the 1115 services?

Are you wondering how to access grant funding?

The Division of Behavioral Health funds programs and services through a variety of methods such as through Behavioral Health Medicaid, provider agreements, and grants. Grant, provider agreement and contract solicitations are posted on our public notice board. Please be sure you are subscribed to receive public notices so that you can track funding opportunities as they become available. Subscribe here.

Are you a behavioral health provider and would like to find out more about how to develop new programs or access behavioral health related trainings? 

The Division of Behavioral Health funds many entities across the state to make available trainings and resources (such as consultation, webinars, conferences) to support professional and programmatic development. Here are few examples:

Webinars on evidenced based and promising practices in working with youth and families:

Training (in person and virtual) on topics related to substance use treatment including training on ASAM levels of care:

Grant funds to agencies and beneficiaries to support program and business:

Do you have a complaint about an agency or a specific provider?

If your concern is regarding an agency or a provider working within a particular agency, please follow the agency’s grievance protocol to resolve your complaint. If you are not getting a response from the agency, you may contact us with your concern:  or 907-269-3600

If your concern is regarding a particular individual provider, the complaint can be filed with the the department of Health & Human Services and/or professional’s licensing board. Here is the contact for  HHS Office Of Civil Rights and licensing / certifying bodies:

For a professional's with LCSW, LPC, LMFT credentials, contact:
Professional Licensing Section, Division of Corporations, Business, and Licensing or 907-465-2550

Professionals with CDC I, II, or CDCS credentials, contact:

Alaska Commission for Behavioral Health Certification, or , or at 907-332-4333

If you believe a HIPAA-covered entity or its business associate violated your (or someone else’s) health information privacy rights or committed another violation of the Privacy, Security, or Breach Notification Rules, you may file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR).