Sign In
Skip to content
Help us improve our website by providing your valuable feedback

Tips to get the Fastest Service

Virtual Call Center

Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday

(Note: Option to speak with staff after 3:00 p.m. may be limited because of call volume)

Options (subject to change)

  • Check your case status through the automated system.
    Note: does not include WIC or childcare, and some types of Medicaid
  • Office hours and contact information.
  • Long Term Care or Child Care (if direct extension is not available).
  • Next available agent – All callers.

Services that may be available

  • Emergency Medicaid (including pregnancy and newborn coverage).
  • Quest cards, medical coupons, direct deposit, or to get forms.
  • Report or follow-up on reported changes, to give proof such as job or rent.
  • General questions and referrals to community resources.

Instead of calling

Fax or email applications, information or reports of change:
  • Fax: 888-269-6250 state-wide; 907-269-6520 Anchorage area
  • Email:
    Note: If you are emailing us about an existing Public Assistance case, please include your name and date of birth in your email to us so we can quickly identify you.

Equal opportunity provider. Interpreter services available at no cost. Accommodation available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TDD: Alaska Relay 7-1-1.

Service Tip: Send Proof Before We Pend

Sending proof with your application or report of change may help you receive benefits faster!

Upload Documents Here
Use our Secure Document Upload Portal to quickly and easily submit any requested information.
Note: When submitting digital documents, the only acceptable file types for documents are: .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff, and unprotected (not password protected) .pdf, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx.
  • Proof of identification such as
    • Driver’s License,
    • State ID,
    • or other photo identification
  • Proof of citizenship or immigration status such as
    • U.S. birth certificate,
    • naturalization paperwork,
    • passport, and
    • alien registration card
  • Proof of assets such as
    • bank accounts (checking and savings),
    • retirement accounts, life insurance policies, burial accounts, and trust
    • documents.
  • Proof of earned income such as
    • paystubs for the past 30 days,
    • employer statement of gross wages, and
    • self-employment business records.
  • Proof of other income such as
    • unemployment compensation,
    • retirement benefits,
    • child support,
    • veteran’s benefits, and
    • rental income.
  • Proof of expenses such as
    • mortgage statement, property taxes, home insurance, lease agreement, space rent, condo dues
    • utility bills (gas, electric, telephone, water, sewer, garbage, etc.)
    • legally obligated child support, dependent care, and medical expenses (if you are disabled or at least 60 years of age).

Help us help you avoid the pend!

Forms & Applications

Frequently Asked Questions

More Information